I’m not a big fan of avocado, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this seared scallop avocado tower. This appetizer is easy to make and can be served on many different occasions. For a romantic dinner for two, try using a heart shape mould. For large parties, use shot glasses to serve it in. Or if you’re just planning on a casual dinner with friends, simply follow the instructions below. You can also substitute the scallop with lobster, crab meat, or even salmon. Give it a try and I promise you will love it just as much as I do. You may also want to serve it with a side of garlic bread. Enjoy!
What You Need:
- 3 Avocados, mashed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- salt and peper to taste
- 6 scallops, thinly sliced
- 1 cup microgreens to garnish
What To Do:
- Prepared ingredients and mashed the avocado.
- Seared the scallops. Thinly slice them and set aside.
- Mix the lemon juice and onions with the avocado. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a ring mould (or whatever shape you want) onto the serving plate. Fill the mound 1/3 full with the avocado mixture and press down gently with the back of a spoon. Place a layer of the thinly sliced seared scallop on the avocado mixture and smooth down evenly.
- Fill the mould with more avocado until it is almost filled. Add another layer of diced tomato on top of the avocado. Chill until read to serve. When ready to serve, lift the mould up to reveal the tower. Garnish with microgreens.