Baby M is in the process of trying new food.We have been trying to offer her one new foodevery week and bought a tub of yogurt for her to try last week. It was a little too big for her to finish on her own. Instead of trashing it, I have made some blueberry muffins with the remaining yogurt. Adding yogurt helps keep the muffins moist. The following recipes will yield 12 cupcakes. Click here for the traditional blueberry muffin recipe.
What You Need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, baking power and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, yogurt, eggs, melted butter, cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Beat until throughly mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries and then spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Filling each cup about two thirds full.
- These should bake for about 15 minutes, or until the tops are browned.