When I saw this outfit I thought it would look very cute on baby M as she can show off herchubby arms and legs. However, I thought it was a bit plain so I decided to make a necklace for her that is both baby friendly and at the same time can match this outfit. This D.I.Y. necklace is really simple and you can make it in any color combination you like.
What You Need:
- Blue suede rope, 1 yard
- 1 Blue bead
- 1 Orange hoop
What To Do:
- Prepare all your materials
- Fold the cord in half and loop it through the hoop
- Insert the other end of the cord into the small hoop created by the cord and tighten it
- Insert the cord through the orange hoop.
- Insert the cord through the blue bead.
- This is where we begin to tie a sliding knot. Loop the cords into a circle. Grasp the cord that’s lying on top from its end; make a fold so the cord bends onto itself (this will be your working cord). You will have three cords side by side.
- Loop the working cord around, to the back, and underneath the other cords.
- Wrap the working cord around the other cords again. Make at least 3 – 4 wraps. Be sure you are wrapping 2 cords.
- Pass the working cords end through the wrapping, exiting from the initial bend. Pull the working cord’s end to tighten the knot. Trim the cord’s ends close to the knots.
- Turn the piece over. Repeat steps 6 – 9 to form second knot.