I am definitely not a white meat person, one of the reason is because a lot of times they are not done right. They are usually really dry and tasteless. But when its done right, I don’t really mind it. This roast chicken recipe is simple and will give you a delicious bird that is crisp-skinned and tender-fleshed. The vegetables absorbs all the flavor from the chicken and they are really yummy too! You will be sure to impress your guests with this juicy roast chicken recipe.
For 4 – 6 people
- 4lbs Organic Free Range Whole Chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 – 6 pcs Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 pcs Carrots, cubed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 pc Broccoli
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season chicken cavity with salt, pepper, minced garlic overnight or for at least 3 – 4 hours.
- Stuff chicken cavity with lemon chunks, celery, carrots and 2 springs of rosemary.
- Pre-heat to 180 degree C. Place chicken (breast-side up) in a large roast pan.
- Brush olive oil over the outside of the chicken. Season liberally all over with salt and pepper.
- Put potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and onions in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic, toss to coat.
- Place the vegetables in the roast pan around the chicken. Tuck the remaining rosemary in the pan with the vegetables.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn up the temperature to 200 degree C towards the last 15 mins to brown the skin.
Roast whole (thawed) chicken at 180 degrees C for 20 min per lb, plus an additional 15 mins.