Everyone has been crazy about this Korean drama series, My Love From Another Star. Even the most unexpected people are talking about it. Inspired by the Korean drama craze, I would like to share with you one of the most famous Korean dishes – bibimbap – which literally means mixed rice with meat and assorted vegetables. In preparation for the dish, I have prepared two types of vegetables which are commonly used as side dishes as well. Let’s start off with the seasoned spinach.
What You Need:
- 250g fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon ground salt
- Water to boil
For seasoning sauce:
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
What To Do:
- Trim the spinach root and wash the spinach
- Add one teaspoon of salt in a pot of boiling water and boil the spinach for a minute.
- Drain the water and run cold water on the spinach for 1 minute.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove excess water.
- Cut the spinach into 2 – 3 pieces.
- Add the seasoning sauce and mix well. Serve on a plate and garnish with sesame.