When I was on my gluten free, dairy free, soy free, pork and beef free diet, I was pretty much having salad for lunch most of the time. Once in a while I would crave for some comfort food and this vegan Yellow Curry Soup Noodle has to be one of them. The curry powder and fish sauce with coconut milk makes the noodles both savory and spicy. The recipe is also very versatile, you can change the topping or type of noodles to your liking anytime! Made this for my meat-lover husband and he gave me a thumbs up too!
- 1 packet Noodles of your choose (I used Clearspring brown rice udon for my husband and Clearspring Buckwheat Soba for myself)
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup Shimeji Mushrooms or Seafood Mushrooms
- 1 cup Bok Choy
- 1 bunch Enoki Mushroom or Golden Enoki Mushrooms
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Vegan Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Blanch the vegetables (Bok Choy and Brocolli) in boiling water for a min and set aside.
2. Blanch the enoki mushroom for a min and set aside.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp of minced garlic, carrots and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes and set aside.
4. In the same pan, drizzle a few drops of olive oil and 1/2 tsp minced garlic. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the liquid from the mushroom dries up and set aside.
5. In a pot of boiling water, boil the noodles according to package direction, usually around 6 – 7 minutes.
6. In a stockpot, drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for a minute. Make sure you don’t burn the garlic. Add the curry powder, turmeric powder, coconut milk, vegetable stock, vinegar, fish sauce and sugar into the pot for the soup base. Bring to simmer and allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
7. Add noodles to serving bowls. Spoon broth over the noodles. Top with the vegetables, carrots and mushrooms.
You are all set and done within 30 mins!